Sunday, June 3, 2007

Beezus and Ramona


I love Beverly Cleary. Her books are pure gold. I got this book from the library to read to my girls, but Madelyn stole it from the book pile and read it herself. It tickled me so much to watch her engrossed in reading this book. It took me back to when I was eight years old, working my way through the Ramona books. I related to Ramona. I thought Beezus was a bossy big sister. Some of the antics Ramona pulled, I longed to do myself. I've always wanted to squirt out a whole tube of toothpaste into the sink. I still get that urge on occasion when I brush my teeth. Now, Madelyn's reading skills are quite up to this level, so there was quite a bit that she didn't catch. But she understood enough to want to know more. Ramona lives on to another generation!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new blog. I love reading about the books you have read. I have been adding to my list of books I have read to a place in my blog. But I have not done book reviews, just titles and Authors.
    It is so fun!
    AH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya and I read all the Ramona books together. She loved it so much and it was so fun to share all of Ramona's adventures with her. She was sad when we finished the last one, but we're on to reading Junie B. Jones now. Delightful!!

    ReplyDelete