Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fablehaven

While reading the blog of one of my favorite writers, he claimed to have found the next Harry Potter series in the making. Well, that sparked my interest, being an avid Harry fan. "Fablehaven" by Brandon Mull is pretty darn good. I was doubtful at the beginning since the plot seemed transparent. Of course the grandfather gives lots of warnings that the kids don't listen to. Of course they find out that it's really a preserve for magical creatures. But that is where it got good. My expectations were dashed. I honestly didn't know what was going to happen next and that's what reeled me in. I hope that this series ends up like Harry Potter where the first books are fairly innocent, relating to the innocence of its characters, but the later books develop into riveting epic clashes between good and evil. I put the second book on the waiting list at the library and I keep checking every day to see if I've moved up on the list. That, my friends, is a good book.

2 comments:

  1. Hi RHEB_Lady,
    I really enjoy your take on books. I know that the Nurse and Pixiestylist have read it as well, and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good books...I need to make more time!

    ReplyDelete