Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best of 2008

I don't want you to get all excited thinking I've compiled some sort of list of the best books to come out in 2008, when really, I'm just directing you to websites that are much better at compiling "best of" lists than me. Authorities, shall we say. I was cruising the lists and was tickled with myself that I have reviewed a handful of the books, and some I read but haven't gotten around to reviewing yet. This proves that I know how to use the internet and read other people's blogs who say that certain books are awesome. Good for me!

If you're curious, go check out the School Library Journal's list, the American Library Association's list, and The Horn Book's list. These are for young adult and children's books, by the way, which I've said once and I'll say again is some of the best writing being done out there right now. If you're looking for a great read or to direct a younger reader in the right direction, this is a fabulous resource. The best part is that there's not a whole lot of overlap, which means you get way more suggestions and also proves that not all librarian committees think alike. They do, however, go to the same hair stylist, which you'll see if you scroll way down to the bottom of the ALA's best children's books list. It's making me giggle.

Well, I know I'm going to be filling up my holds list at the library tonight! A weird idea of fun, but go ahead and mock, I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment