Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Reading Marathon

I love finding fellow bibliophiles, people who consider reading as necessary as food, water, shelter, clothing, high-speed internet, showering daily, and "Lost." You know, the basics. I haven't done too much looking around for fellow book-bloggers simply because it didn't occur to me. A friend directed me towards a really great children's literature blog, which in turn led me to another, and then another. I like to refer to it as internet leap-frogging. One of these sites was asking for people to sign up to do The Third Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge, which peaked my interest. You can check the website for the official guidelines, but basically you read and review as many books as possible in a 48 hour period one weekend in June. There are prizes for the most books read, but I suspect I may not be able to compete against people with older children and no demands on them that weekend. But I'm still gonna do it! It's an excuse to read and write and nothing else for 48 hours! Okay, so not really nothing else, but close. I'm reserving that weekend. And you, my dear reader, will get to read my semi-coherent ramblings about the books I consume during that period. It's a win-win situation, really.

1 comment:

  1. like all marathons I haven't participated in, I probably will watch from the side and cheer you on.
    Can't wait to see what you read and write.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete